Organization is made easier with the fully-furnished Newberry North apartments. Apply today!
These are the opinions of writers and not the opinions of ApartmentsForAthens.com or any of our advertising partners.
Imagine it's the morning of a major exam that you've spent all week preparing for. You're running late and trying to get out of the door in a hurry, but you've misplaced your calculator–something you absolutely need for your exam–and now you're panicking. This is a very stressful situation that is a lot more likely to occur in a disorganized apartment. That is why it is important to keep your apartment organized, especially as a busy University of Georgia student who could do without the added stress! Benefits of an organized home include the ability to easily find things, a clean looking apartment, and a peaceful living environment. If you just moved into your new Athens apartment, chances are you've been scouring the internet for organization tips. Luckily for you, I've gathered some of the best tips on how to keep your apartment organized!
Designate a Place for Everything in Your Athens Apartment
Before moving into off-campus housing, it's a good idea to mentally map out where everything will go. This is a very helpful strategy to get ahead on organizing, so that when you move in, you're not completely lost on what to do. Moving into a furnished apartment might even make this process easier. Although what constitutes as "organized" can differ between people, many people will organize in their own way according to each room. For example, the way you organize your products in the bathroom could be different from how you choose to organize the kitchen. It's all dependent on what feels right to you. The overarching idea is to have a designated place for everything.
Tips on Staying Organized
Now that you've figured out where to put everything, the new challenge is to maintain your organization. When you're busy and on-the-go, it can be easy to use things and leave them somewhere else–telling yourself that you'll put it away later (you probably won't). This can become especially annoying in a studio apartment, where clutter can be a lot more noticeable. Here is a list of useful tips to stay organized:
• Designate a day out of the week where you clean your apartment and put everything back in its place. Sunday is my designated day as it's the start of the week and the newly clean environment feels like a ‘reset.'
• Use containers for bathroom products and kitchen items.
• Items that you use the most should be together and in easily accessible places.
• Use drawer organizers/dividers–especially for kitchen utensils or makeup.
• Buy furniture that also doubles as storage–like a storage ottoman or tv stand with cabinets.
• Clean up messes immediately after making them whenever you can